The latest editions of Microsoft Office have been stable and there’s not a lot of issues. But, at times you’ll notice Microsoft Word is not responding. It simply stays at one spot no matter what you try.
There are a variety of reasons why Microsoft Word may not respond. There could be issues with the add-ins or extensions you’ve installed? Perhaps the file that you’re trying open is corrupted and is could be causing Word to freeze?
Here are the following:
How do resolve the “Microsoft Word does not respond” problem
How DiskInternals can benefit you.
Are you prepared? Let’s read!
Microsoft Word does not respond” is a common error while working in Word and could cause lots of problems.
In other words, you are unable to open files that you have previously saved or your current file will not be saved. The program then displays the notice “Word not responding”. In order to ensure to ensure that you don’t remain in the same situation this article was made.
Use Task Manager to manage your tasks (Is RAM loaded? )
Do this first, and the outcome is usually quite positive
Start your task manager (enter “Task Manager” in the search box, or type it in).
ctrl + alt + del).
First, you must close MS Word / Office inside this program (select it by right-clicking, then selecting “End task”).
If you notice that the usage of your disk is at 100%, this indicates that Word is not responding because of RAM overflow, and you must fix the issue first.
Launch Word In Safe Mode & Disable Add-Ins
One solution for the issue when Microsoft Word is not responding is to utilize safe mode. This mode allows you to use Word only with essential documents and will aid you in fixing any add-in problems with the application.
Hold and press on the Ctrl key on your keyboard. Click to open the word shortcut that appears on the desktop.
- There will be a prompt that asks you to launch Word with a safe setting. Select “Yes” to proceed.
- Click on the file menu located at right at the very top.
- Choose the options on the right sidebar of your screen. It should appear at the end of the list.
- On the next screen, select the add-ins option in the sidebar.
- Locate it in the Management dropdown menu in the right-hand pane. Click it and Click on the right side of it.
- Untick the add-ins that appear on your screen, and then press “OK”.
- Open Word in normal mode, and it should start to open.
Remove the third party antivirus program
The following can be done:
First, you must run an antivirus program and then check your hard drive. If there’s no danger remove it (you will find the steps to perform this on the official web site for the antivirus company). In this instance, be aware to not download any suspicious files when your antivirus doesn’t work.
Does the non-responding Word document exists?
There are alternatives that are suitable.
Fix The Corrupted Word Document
If Word fails to respond or to certain types of documents, it could be due to problems with the documents. One option to resolve this is to fix those damaged documents, and then open them in Word.
- Start Microsoft Word on your personal computer. Use safe mode if normal mode doesn’t work.
- Choose on the “Open” option on the left-hand sidebar.
- Choose “Search” on the next screen to browse your PC for the document that is causing problems.
- Go to the folder in which your document is located choose it, then select the icon beside Open and Repair, then choose Repair and Open.
- Go to the folder in which your document is located Select it, select the icon beside Open and then select to open and repair.
Use MS Office Repair
You can also use an inbuilt recovery program. You can also simultaneously press on the Win and R buttons.
In a new window, open a new window, type “appwiz.cpl” and press the Enter key. A new dialog box will open when you right-click Office Suite. Here click on Change and then Restore. The program will attempt to correct the problems that been created. Then you are able to restart your system. Word’s slow response will go away.
Change Your Default Printer
Another cause Microsoft Word is not responding could be due to an issue with the printer you have that is set to be an default printer in your system. Word is closely integrated with printers you have installed on your system. any problems regarding your printers may result in Word to not respond.
The option of choosing a different printer to be the default printer could fix this problem.
- Start your settings App on your computer.
- Select to open the devices choice on the next screen.
- Select the Printers and Scanners in the sidebar to the left.
- Untick the Allow Windows handle my printer of default option.
- Find a printer that works from the list, select it, and then click to manage it..
- Select to the “Set as the default” button to make the printer you have chosen to be the default printer for your computer.
The most important thing is to put off the process so that overwriting of data isn’t able to catch up with you! The software recommended restores .DOCX, .DOC, .RTF. ODT, etc. files that are lost due to whatever reason, on media of all kinds. After installing the paid or free version of the program and you’ll be impressed by the performance of the application as well as the numerous other functions it Recovery Wizard will provide you with (for instance, a no-cost preview, the On-the fly option and more. ).
Turn Off Your Antivirus Software
Certain antivirus programs have been identified as causing conflict with different applications. We suggest that switching your antivirus program temporarily off, and then see what happens by installing Word on your system.
The majority of antivirus software can be disabled by right-clicking on the icons in the tray of your system and selecting the option to disable, Turn off protection or a similar one.
If Word begins responding after having turned off your antivirus, then both your security software and Word aren’t getting along with one another. It’s possible to take out the antivirus you’re currently using and install a new one.
Reinstall Microsoft Office On Your Computer
In the end, if you are unable to solve your problem to solve the issue, take the time to uninstall Microsoft Office completely from your computer , and then clean install it. This will fix any issues that you have with the Office applications and Word won’t have any problems.