Last Updated on May 26, 2023 by hassan abbas
Every team needs a coach of some kind. Orchestras need a conductor. Writers need an editor. Amateurs need help getting to the pros. And you’re no different, entrepreneur. You need a business coach. You probably already knew it without ever being able to put your finger on it.
Maybe you’re feeling overwhelmed. Or you need to be motivated. You could just want someone to bounce ideas off of. It’s possible you feel stuck. In short, you’re frustrated and not sure what the next step should be. Do you know who can help with all of that? A business coach.
Magazinted.com shares how having a caring, supportive coach can help you get to the next level in your business and in your life.
What Will a Business Coach Do For You?
- Your business plan: Maybe you’ve already written one, but it’s no longer relevant. Or it’s incomplete and not helping you achieve your goals. A good business coach can help you write one that works for you and that will help you get that loan or funding you may be looking for.
- Someone to be accountable: Your business coach will check in on you regularly to see that you’re on track with the goals you’ve set up together.
- Getting organized: You may not be able to see your entire business forest because you’re blinded by all the trees. It’s not easy running your own business, but it is easy to get overwhelmed. A business coach can help you find a way to get and stay organized.
- Filling in the blanks: If there are areas where you’re not proficient, finding a good business coach who can help you fill in with the skills you lack, can take a lot of frustration off your shoulders.
- Giving you the hard facts: There are limits to what you can do and that includes being objective about your own performance. A business coach can be objective in seeing the places you’re not doing as well as you could.
How to Find the Right Business Coach
- Referrals: Speak to others in your industry. Their needs may be different than yours though, so be prepared to interview whoever they refer to make sure they’re the right fit.
- Online groups: If you belong to an industry social media group like Facebook or business networking site LinkedIn, you can network there to find a coach.
- Ask your prospective coach for success stories and referrals and check with those before signing a contract.
- Make sure it’s someone you’re comfortable with and that appears to be comfortable to you.
Business Cards and LLCs (If You Need to be Your Own Coach For a While)
You may not be ready to hire a coach yet. Either it’s not affordable at the moment or you feel you need to have a few more pieces in place first. There are still a few things you can do in the meantime.
Structure your business. Form an LLC yourself. It’s something you can do online in about 5 or 10 minutes. Forming an LLC can reduce your paperwork, lower your tax burden, and keep your personal and business assets separate giving you some financial peace of mind. Rules vary from state to state so check the regulations around registering an LLC.
Because personal networking is still one of the most important aspects of marketing yourself and your business, You’ll want a business card to leave a tangible bit of marketing and communication behind. Fortunately, you can find a tool online that can help you with your business card design. By customizing premade templates with your own images and fonts, you can make a card that presents you and your brand.
Remember, hiring a coach isn’t a sign you’re failing; it’s a sign you’re growing. Research business coaches to find one that can help you take your business to the next level.