If you’re anything like most Mac users, you love to be able to watch YouTube videos offline on your device. Unfortunately, unlike some other streaming services, YouTube doesn’t have an offline mode available right out of the box. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to download individual YouTube videos so that you can watch them without having to connect to the internet.
Download the YouTube app
If you’re looking for a way to watch YouTube videos offline on your Mac, the YouTube app is your best bet. The app offers a variety of features, including the ability to download videos for offline viewing.
To download a video, open the YouTube app and click on the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen. From here, select “Download videos.” You’ll then be able to choose which videos you want to download and how large they’ll be.
To watch a downloaded video offline, open the file in iTunes or Finder and tap on it to play.
Sign in to your YouTube account
- Open YouTube and sign in.
- On the left side of the screen, click on your profile picture.
- Under “History,” click on “Downloads.”
- On the right side of the page, click on the blue “Download videos” button.
- Choose the videos you want to download and click on the green “download” button.
Select the video you want to download
- Open YouTube on your Mac and sign in.
- Click the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen (or press Command + Shift + 3).
- Select “History” from the menu that appears.
- Click on the video you want to download, and then select “Download.”
- Choose a destination for the file, and then click “Save.”
- If you want to watch the video offline later, open YouTube again and click on the downloaded video in its list of videos.
Click on the three lines in the top left corner (three lines that look like a triangle)
Click on the three lines in the top left corner and select “Preferences” from the menu that appears.
Click on the “Downloads” tab and select the videos you want to download.
Click on the “Save To” button and choose a location on your computer where you want to save the videos.
Click on Save Link As
- Go to YouTube and sign in
- On the left-hand side, under “My Videos,” click on the three lines in the top row that say “Offline.”
- In the “Download videos” section, select the video you want to download and click on the blue “Save link as” button.
- You’ll now be taken to a new window where you can choose where to save the file. Click on the drop-down arrow next to “Name” and select a filename for the video.
- Click on “Save” and your video will be saved to your computer!
Save the file to your desktop
If you want to watch a YouTube video offline on your Mac, first make sure you have the latest version of YouTube.
To download a YouTube video for offline viewing:
- Open the YouTube app on your Mac.
- In the main menu, click on the three lines in the top left corner (known as the thumbnails).
- Select “Library.”
- Locate and select the video you want to watch.
- Click on the “Download” button located in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Save the downloaded video to your desktop.
Open the file on your Mac
To watch YouTube videos offline on Mac, you first need to open the file. On a PC, you would double-click the video to open it in YouTube’s player.
If you have a recent version of the YouTube app, you can also open files from within the app itself. Just click the video’s icon and then choose “Open in YouTube.”
If you don’t have a recent version of the YouTube app, or if you want to watch a different type of file (like a music video), you can try one of these other methods:
Copy the URL
If you want to watch a specific video without downloading it, you can copy its URL. On your Mac, open Finder and find the video you want to watch. Click on it to open it in a new window. Copy the address of that window (including the https:// prefix). Then, open YouTube and paste that URL into the address bar at the top of the screen.
Download and play
You can also download videos and play them offline using any browser or media player. Just click on the download link (or copy its address) and save it to your computer. You can then open it with any media
Drag and drop the file into iMovie or another video editor
If you want to watch YouTube videos offline on your Mac, there are a few different ways you can go about it. The easiest way is to just drag and drop the file into iMovie or another video editor, but there are also some third-party tools that you can try.
If you’re using iMovie, the first thing you’ll need to do is import the video into the program. You can do this by selecting the file in Finder, clicking on ‘Open’, and then choosing ‘Import’. Once the video has been imported, you’ll need to choose a location for it to store. iMovie has a library where you can store videos and folders, but you can also use any folder on your Mac.
If you’re using another video editor, such as Adobe Premiere Elements or Final Cut Pro X, there are a few things to note:
-Make sure the video is in mp4 or h264 format. If it’s not, the editor won’t be able to edit it properly
-The editor will likely have an export option – click on this and choose a destination for the exported file. You can burn it to a DVD or save it online
-Finally, make sure