QuickBooks is a multifunctional application that has a global range of users because of its multiple features and smooth interface. It helps the users to store tons of financial work in place. One of its multiple-range features is the multi-user mode. But sometimes, errors may occur while trying to use this mode. One of which is the QuickBooks error h202.
QuickBooks Error h202 is a part of the infamous h series error, which arises when the multi-user mode is not properly set up. An error text comes up saying, ‘The company file is in a different location, QuickBooks needs time to access the file.’
To learn more about this error and what you can do to resolve this issue, follow this blog till the end. However, you can contact our support team for guidance if you need any special assistance.
Possible Causes For H202 Error
The h-series errors can be caused by a variety of reasons. Various factors are responsible for the h202 error in QuickBooks, such as:
- Multi-user mode blocked: The multi-user mode is either blocked by the
host’s server computer or by the admin.
- Incorrect Host Settings: Any misconfiguration in the host settings can
lead to errors in QuickBooks.
- Damaged Company File: The company file of QuickBooks is either corrupted
- QuickBooks Data Service issue: Any error in the data manager service of
QuickBooks can create errors.
- Antivirus software: Antivirus software installed on the computer can
prevent you from accessing third-party applications.
You may also read:- QuickBooks 2023 Unrecoverable error
Identifying the H202 Error in QuickBooks
To recognize the presence of the h202 error in QuickBooks, look for these signs:
- The blurring of the screen.
- Unable to use multi-user mode.
- Unexpected shut down of the QuickBooks application.
- Other applications in Windows night do not work.
- Windows becomes unresponsive to mouse clicks and button presses.
Working on the QuickBooks Desktop to Fix this Error
To fix the h202 error, the user must follow these methods on the
Test the Services on the Host’s Computer
- Open the host’s computer, and select Run as administrator in Windows. In the search box, type ‘services.msc’ and hit OK.
- Select the QuickBooksDBXX option and make sure that the start-up is set to Automatic. Now check the Service Status. If it is not in the Running mode, start it to do so.
- Select the Recovery button and choose the ‘Restart the Device’ option for the First, second, and third failure categories. Then save the settings and restart the device. Open QuickBooks again to check if the issue is gone.
Get rid of this technical error by modifying your Internet Explorer (IE) settings
- Like the previous resolution, you should open the IE browser and navigate to the ‘Internet Options’ window through the ‘Tools’ tab.
- Now, proceed towards the ‘Security’ tab in the same window and choose the ‘Globe icon’ and thereafter make sure that security level is set up to ‘Medium-high’.
- At this point, jump to the ‘Connections’ tab and mark the ‘Never dial a connection’ button if you are not utilizing the dial up service. In case you do so, you must mark the ‘ISP’ button.
- You should now move towards the ‘LAN settings’ tab and ensure that the ‘automatically detect settings’ checkbox is marked on the screen.
- Furthermore, you must make sure that the ‘Use a proxy server’ checkbox is marked if the port 80 is not the port. However, in other port cases, you can clear that checkbox.
- Now, move forward to the ‘Advanced’ tab and click on the ‘Restore Advanced settings’ option. After that, you must hit the ‘Settings’ tab and mark the ‘Use TLS 1.2’ checkbox.
- To properly save all these changes, you should click the ‘OK’ button and reboot the system to finally download the updates.
QuickBooks error h202 is a part of the infamous h-series error, which, if not fixed, can create major issues in the future. We have brought together all the relevant information about this error. Hopefully, the methods explained in the above blog will help you to eliminate this issue completely. However, if you still face any issues regarding the QuickBooks application, you can dial +1-888-704-1357 for help.